Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What a Birthday Week for Roz!!!!!!!

This has been a marvelous birthday week for Roslyn!
Although she tells me she doesn't "feel" any different than "6 years old" - Roz is definitely loving celebrating her birthday this week in style!

Would you expect any different from a big brother? :)

Carrine worked hard on this masterpiece.

We surprised Roslyn early with Kirsten, the American Girl Doll!
She was beside herself!

I even painted on freckles for Roslyn's doll so they matched :)

Some summer reading material!

Kirsten's first night in the Stang household...think she's here to stay!

Over the weekend our family traveled to the Mall of America to visit the American Girl Doll store for the first time! Wow, what an experience!

Just a tad excited as we headed into the store to find a new outfit for Kirsten!

One of the first dolls Roslyn saw...she loves Peace signs and fell in love with this outfit!

The girls and their dolls...and Andray photo bombing as usual :)

One happy shopper :) Used her own "hard-earned" money as well!

Finished up with ice cream treats for the fam!

Even Jake had a great time at the MOA! Amazed at what dads do these days for their little girls :)

Thanks to Papa and Grandma Stang who got Roslyn a new sleeping bag and money for college!
She loves it!

Another special THANK YOU to Roslyn's Godmother Rhonda who took her on a shopping date! You spoiled her way too much. But she came home with another doll Celeste, an outfit and soccer ball. Roslyn's exact words to me, "Mom, I got this doll in honor of you!"
Love my sweet and thoughtful Rozzy Roz!

I'll never forget this experience with Roslyn...learning as I go as I never had an American Girl Doll. Can't wait to read the books with her and learn more history about our country.

Despite getting "over-spoiled," I'm happy to say that Roslyn knows the true treasure in life.
As I was tucking her into bed the night after the MOA trip, Roslyn held on tight to her Kirsten doll and said, "Mom, thanks for taking me to the MOA today. I love my new doll and her new outfit, but that's not my true birthday gift. THIS is the best gift of all..." (and she sat up and hugged me with tears in her eyes!) I love my Roslyn, I love my kids, and I love the true treasures in LIFE!
Pretty powerful words from a 7-year-old!

Thanks to everyone who has sent gifts, cards, videos, texts to wish Roslyn a happy birthday.
She can't wait to celebrate with the Franks this weekend!

No comments: