Friday, January 9, 2015

What an Adjustment. ..


Well, I've completed my first week as an in-home daycare provider...aka...In-Home Nanny.
This week was an emotional roller coaster for all involved.
I knew it would be a tough adjustment for me, leaving behind 15 years at SCSU and the "constantly on-the-go" schedule. But I absolutely love being back home with my kids, and taking care of another family's children can be trying, yet rewarding. It's yet another blessing in disguise to have this opportunity and I know once we get into a routine and we all have time to ADJUST (and go outside for walks/exercise/fresh air)- all will be good!


God truly does provide - there was no school on Wednesday, which means my business was closed.
I definitely needed Wednesday to re-charge with my kids.
And get our Christmas decorations down and put away!

Literally, took nearly 3 hours to take the ornaments off the tree and get them back into their respective boxes...with the kind assistance of our kiddos!


Of course the big kids wanted to decorate the Christmas tree "One More Time!"
Good times.

Thursday was a glorious day!
I hadn't been outside since Sunday, so I finally got to take the two older girls outside for 20 minutes!
Felt like HEAVEN, even in the 0 degree weather.

Even our big kids love all the new "baby toys" for daycare ;)

...are you kidding me Roz? ;)


Hard to believe a week ago I experienced the BEST Homecoming from work at SCSU...looking at these amazing signs that my kids made and were holding at the top of our stairs and Jake had "I'm Coming Home" song by Chris Daughtry playing on the loud speakers...TEARS! Life is full of difficult decisions and adjustments, but great days ahead for our family!

This TRIO is my life's greatest reward.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Can't wait to celebrate Christmas with my Gram tomorrow...finally!

No comments: