Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy Holy Week!


Happy Holy Week to all of you - with no church school for the kids during Palm Sunday Mass this morning...thank the LORD the kids had the actual palms to keep them occupied, especially since we got ushered up to the very first pew! Can't make it up. Was fun for me and my girls to dress in purple today. Carrine is wearing the purple sleeper that my Grandma bought for me to wear home from the hospital nearly 32 years ago. Roslyn got to wear the sleeper home from the hospital as well nearly 4 years ago. Very special to me.
 
 
The girls sharing Roslyn's bed yesterday morning. Before Carrine was born we told Roz that she will have to share her bedroom with the baby if it was a girl. She was not thrilled at the time. Now that Carrine is here, Roslyn is very excited for the crib to go in her room. We explained that they will share a room probably in the month of May and Roz said - "Yippee, just in time for my 4th birthday!"
Yep - you're right Roz.
 
 
The kids and I enjoyed coloring Easter eggs on Saturday morning while Carrine napped. Not sure if they enjoyed coloring the eggs more and adding glitter or making hand prints on the table!
 
 
I still had some smurf egg coverings from when I grew up - they are probably 20 years old but still worked! One smurf egg for me and Jake - the other smurf egg for Carrine. The big kids got the rest of the eggs to decorate!
 
This apron that Rozzy is wearing was mine from pre-school and kindergarten - again, 25 years old and still gets the job done!
 
 
Andray of course picked GREEN coloring for his Easter eggs.
 
 
Wrapped up Saturday afternoon with a visit from our foreign exchange student back in the late 80's. Tominori Miyata flew to America from Japan early last week for work. His employer gave him 2 free days to travel anywhere in the USA, and he chose to fly to MN to visit my parents in good old Redwood Falls. Our family hasn't seen Tom since Jake's and my wedding nearly 8 years ago. Was nice for Tom to meet our kids and see how his Horse Training business has boomed in Japan - apparently Tom is nationally known now in Japan - congrats to him for making his horse business a success.

No comments: