Tuesday, March 8, 2011

30-year-old Coupons...No Joke!


So about a month or so ago my mom "graciously" gave me a whole ziplock bag FULL of manufacturer coupons. I'm so thankful that she took the TIME to cut out those coupons for me! So, on Saturday morning the kids and I started looking through the coupons to figure out which ones to use. I came across some companies that I've never heard of or seen in the stores. Finally, I come across this ET cereal box coupon. I show it to Jake and say, "I've never seen ET cereal...when did this come out?" Well, I looked a little closer at the coupon and found that the copyright was 1981! Yes, my mom has been saving coupons for 30 years! You can't make this stuff up! Came to find that many more coupons were from the 1980's. Oh, I love my mom so much! She just holds on to everything, so sweet!

Ended up calling my mom to tell her about it and all she said was, "There's no expiration date on the coupons so you should still be able to use them!" You know what Mom?....I will definitely use them, thanks!

No comments: