Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Ready or Not...We're "Back to School!"


How is it even possible that summer is over and our big kids officially started 3rd and 2nd grade today?! I'm very thankful for our kids and appreciate how tolerable they were this summer of our CRAZY SCHEDULE!

Last night (amidst the heavy rain storm), we set out the kids' backpacks and shoes.
Of course Carrine wanted her things set out, even though she doesn't start preschool for 2 more weeks!

Pancakes and bacon for breakfast!
Big kids got a "3" and "2" for pancakes.
Carrine initially got a "P" for Pre-school...but as you can tell she was pretty upset. She thought that "she" should get the #3 pancake because she was 3 years old!
Can't make it up...happy as could be once I made her a "3" flap jack!

3rd, 2nd, Preschool...heavy on a mom's heart!
Andray told me this morning that his t-shirt was perfect for the first day of 3rd grade. I asked "why" and he said, "Because I can't be stopped Mom..duh!"
Too funny.




Heading out the doorway...only 20 minutes too early for the bus stop. :)
Just a tad excited for the first day of school!

So the girls meditated and prayed while they waited for their bus...

And our boy played ball...love this picture!
He played A LOT of bball this summer!

Then "S4" arrived...so thankful our neighbor takes the kids to school every day for me!

One sad little girl watching her big brother and sister head off to school.
I was choking back the tears too...kids are growing up way too fast but have to "give them wings!"
I'll be "water works" next week at CC's preschool open house!

Good morning signs for the big kids...


Carrine and I enjoyed our one-on-one time today while the kiddos were at school...lots of errands run!
Was a productive day!



And I might "copyright" this song of Roz...or send into Jimmy Fallon Show!
Wish I had half her excitement and energy!

This is going to be one special and memorable school year for our entire family at SMHOC!
Looking forward to it...God is Good!
#LoveCatholicEducation

No comments: