Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Putting the Big Kids to WORK!

What a weekend we had! On Saturday we helped my brother Jacob load up his stuff and move to Cambridge. The big kids were great helpers carrying things into Jacob's new apartment!
Then last-minute on Sunday morning we decided to pack up the van and make the trip to RWF to help my parents load up their wood cellar for the winter!
Thanks to Uncle Billy for letting us borrow his BRAND NEW tractor for the day!
Andray and Roslyn LOVED riding in the tractor.
Roslyn said, "Mom, it doesn't smell like "farm" yet!"  :)
I haven't been home in over a decade to help with this project!
Brought back a lot of memories filling the cellar with my brothers "back in the day."
It felt really good to get this job done for my parents.
I forgot how much work it is!
Definitely going to be a new "tradition" to head home every fall and accomplish this as a family.
Andray and Roslyn were awesome helpers the entire afternoon.
And the greatest reward...putting my feet up by the warm fireplace before heading back home.
Can't wait for Christmas to get here so I can relax for a couple days down by the fireplace!

No comments: