Wednesday, August 28, 2013

And....He's Off!!!!!

Wow, what a morning! Andray is officially off to Kindergarten!

Andray's bedtime book last night.

Andray was pretty excited when he walked upstairs to a table full of breakfast - just for him!


He gave both little sisters big hugs before walking out the door.
My heart hurts knowing just how much Andray and Roslyn are going to miss each other during the days this school year.

Yesterday when Andray went to school for an hour Roslyn was already crying and saying that she missed Andray and that she loved him - pretty neat.

 Jake and I really can't believe that we have a Kindergartner in our home - honestly - where does the time go?

This morning on the way to school Andray said he was scared...but when we got to school he took hold of my hand in the parking lot and SPRINTED into the front door.
However once he got to the doorway of his classroom he just froze (like a deer in head lights) when he saw all the kids sitting at their desks in the room. I don't know if he's ever grabbed onto my leg that tight.
With tears welling in his eyes he told me again that he was scared and that he wanted to come to work with me - now that is heart-breaking!
My eyes filled with tears and I just told him how proud of him we were and that he was going to LOVE SCHOOL! Then I told him a few things to make him laugh, he slowly took off his backpack and headed into his classroom...so tough to let your kids grow up...but it's essential.

What a beautiful morning.
Jake and I already know we made the right choice of school for our kids.
God is good!

No comments: