Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Meeting A Living Legend...John Gagliardi


Today was a special day for me as both Andray and Roslyn got to meet Saint John's University "Living Legend" John Gagliardi. I brought the kids out to Collegeville this morning after breakfast. John was so great with the kids and of course game them candy to "break the ice."

I had the privilege of working with John in the fall of 2005. John is the winningest coach in college football history.

The kids enjoyed their time at SJU.

John going into his fridge to get Andray a sucker.

John opening Roslyn's sucker for her.

John took the time to sign a few things for me as well. He even signed a photo of himself especially for my Gram...very thoughtful. My Grandpa Shorty wanted more than anything to make it to SJU for a football game and meet John in person. Gpa never made it there, but Gram is excited to have John's signature for safe keeping.

2 comments:

Gina Benson said...

Ah...nice story. Dad's good with little kids. He's a wonderful grandpa

Gina Benson said...

Ah...nice story. Dad's good with little kids. He's a wonderful grandpa