Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Memorial Weekend...

Hello all - hope you all had a great Memorial Weekend. Jake and I made the trip to Champaign, Illinois, with Andray to visit my brother Aaron and his wife Megan and our niece Isabel. It was an amazing weekend. We left Thursday night and drove through the night....then returned home early Monday morning after driving through the night on Sunday. Unfortunately, the weekends always go by way too fast, but we had so much fun with Aaron, Megs and Isa Lu and my parents made the trip too, so the eight of us had a blast! And to top it off, Andray was a CHAMP in the car. Maybe cried 10 total minutes out of 20 hours of driving...so that was great...enjoy the photos and thanks to all of you that have served or continue to serve our country...we are forever in debt to you!

Love The Stang's....



Last Wednesday Jake's Middle School had a baby shower for us. Since February, six babies have been born in the middle school, so there were a lot of babies at the group shower and we got really nice gifts...it was a little overwhelming I'd have to say!


This is one of the hats Andray got at the shower in Dassel....it's so cute on him!


I'm so proud of my big brother Aaron...his family is so beautiful and so is his house. It was so fun to spend a few days together again!

This is Aaron and Megan's house in Champaign...they have a ton of plants in their front yard and back yard...he's got a way bigger "green thumb" than I do, ha!

Yep, Jake and I broke down and "rented" a mini van for our big trip to Illinois. And I'm not going to lie, if I had the money, I'd go out right now and buy a mini van. It was perfect with all the extra stuff we had to hall with for Andray...I'm telling you, mini vans are the way to go if you have kids. I was actually sad I had to return the van on Monday when we got back home, ha!

Andray spent a ton of time in his car seat this weekend, but he was a good sport!

Andray sure does love his Auntie Megan!

Isa had so much fun playing carbles with us! She's such a doll!

If you look close, you can see Isa's onezie hanging out under her shirt. Grandma changed Isa and forgotto snap her onezie together...so Isa ran around with her onezie hanging out. It was hilarious! Aaron thinks she looks like she has a football jersey on! So cute!

Andray had a blast with his cousin...Isa was so good with him and was patient...especially when she had to share this blue bouncy chair with him!

Andray had to represent Minnesota with his Twins outfit on Saturday when Megan, Isa, myself and Andray went to the Farmer's Market...thanks Auntie Rhonda for the hat!

This is Heidi, Aaron and Megan's dog. She's my first niece...they've had her for eight years now and I miss her so much too! Heidi got to take a few walks with us this weekend and we had a lot of fun wrestling with her!


Andray sitting in the van after we returned on Monday. He's literally sitting by himself here in the photo...crazy how fast he's growing up!





I just couldn't resist taking a photo of Andray next to the map of Illinois. He's the same size as our road atlas! Crazy stuff....


Thanks so much Andray for being a GREAT TRAVELER! We love you Little Man!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are amazing Sissa! How you find time to update your blog so beautifully is beyond me, but I LOVE the pictures and stories so much! It was such a blast to have you here last weekend, we miss you guys already! Give our little baby Ray a big kiss from baby Lu, we love him so much!!!!